I began this blog as a way to corral the random yet universal thoughts that float into my head at, oh, usually 2 or 2:30 in the morning–when I should be asleep. If you’ve had the same experience, welcome. If you’re a sound sleeper, welcome anyway.
My goal is to make you smile, make you think, and make you nod your head in that sort of yeah-I-feel-the-same-way-too fashion. Hopefully, though, not in the middle of the night.
This isn’t my first rodeo. Or my first blog.
Ok, this would be my first rodeo. But this is my second blog. I wouldn’t call the first one a trophy blog–more like a starter blog. I had good intentions, but in retrospect the topics were too narrow: Writing and running. Soon the well dried up, and I found myself writing instead about picking out cereal as a kid, garage sales, and Say Yes to the Dress. Random? You bet. But also right up my alley.
Maybe random is right up your alley, too. If not, you probably haven’t stuck around to read this anyway; that, or you’ve got some time to kill. Either way, I invite you to add your 2 cents of randomness as a comment or by using the Contact option–your choice.
Oh! And if you find any typos, please let me know. They’re my pet peeve.
41 random facts about me
- I’ve been called quirky. I prefer “whimsical.”
- I played the flute in elementary school.
- I’ve lived in 2 different states.
- I enjoy shopping for yarn more than I enjoy knitting.
- I’ve never experienced the benefits of a convection oven. I’m probably doing something wrong.
- Ferris wheels make me queasy.
- If they had showers, I could live at Target.
- I have oatmeal with raspberries and blueberries every day for breakfast.
- I’m a fourth-generation Californian.
- If I had a do-over, I’d be a physician. Or an interior decorator.
- I bought a stuffed goat in Switzerland. I named him William.
- One day I’ll print all my Pinterest recipes.
- One day I’ll try all the recipes I’ve pinned.
- I like saying “I ran” more than I like saying “I run.”
- Rarely do I have all 10 toenails at the same time. See above.
- I have a food scale, but it’s purely decorative.
- I used to drive a Mini Cooper.
- Once I find a nail polish color I like, I stick with it. For months.
- When she was little, I had our middle daughter convinced I really did have eyes in the back of my head.
- I carry lipgloss with me when I run.
- I studied German for 4 years.
- I like coffee flavoring but hate coffee.
- I expected to see frogs in the Frog Pond at Boston Commons.
- I’m very literal. See above.
- I like Hoka running shoes, palindromes, and the smell the heater makes the first time it comes on for the season.
- I think they should ban Play-Doh, bullfights, and lemon-lime Gatorade.
- I’m fluent in ig-pay atin-lay.
- My favorite color is periwinkle. Or sky-blue pink.
- I’ve never tried creme brûlée.
- I’d spend my lottery winnings at Pottery Barn.
- I have 3 daughters.
- The first pet I remember was a dachshund named Trixie. She came with the name.
- Growing up, my friend and I used Trixie as a bus for our Barbies.
- I’ve got as much technological know-how as the average third grader. Maybe less.
- I’ve met a U.S. president.
- “Linda” was my dad’s choice of names. My mom wanted “Terry.”
- My daughter sewed me a cape to wear at my last half marathon. It’s a long story.
- The recent result of a “no-fail” pizza dough recipe wound up in the trash.
- I’ve been married longer than not. To the same man.
- I hate camping.
- I’ve made it to adulthood without knowing how to properly fold a fitted sheet.